|Please Note: This archived page has not been updated since December 2013. For current information, please use the New Home link below to vist our current Home Page.|
|New Home||Worship||Congregational Life||Spiritual Resources||Children and Youth||Adult Education and Small Groups||Music||Social Ministries||Newsletter||Legacy Home|
The Hörmann Courtyard (J on the plan below) is the central social space of the LCH campus.
The Hörmann Courtyard is full of activity prior to Sunday morning worship. In the center of the courtyard the Aloha Team greets visitors with handmade ribbon or yarn lei. In the background, others talk informally and prepare for social hour following worship.
The courtyard is open to the sky, so a canvas covering has been added for protection from the summer sun as well as the frequent tradewind showers.
This photo was take from near the entrance from the back parking lot. The entrance from Punahou Street is visible in the back right of the picture, and the entrance to the Nave (worship space) is visible in the back left.
The courtyard was named in honor of the Rev. Dr. Arthur Hörmann, pastor of LCH from 1917 to 1946, his wife Maria, and the entire Hörmann family.
Copyright © 2010 Lutheran Church of Honolulu
1730 Punahou Street, Honolulu, HI 96822 • 808-941-2566
Comments welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org