After many years of faithful service our beloved pews have reached the end of their useful life. Following much research, we settled on replacing the pews with high quality white oak pew chairs. The pew chairs were delivered to LCH on Wednesday, April 4. Now all we need to do is pay for them.
The addition of the chairs will help transform the worship space and provide LCH with the needed exibility to not only accommodate Sunday worship, but also concerts, recitals, plays, conferences, and the many ways our church members and the community use the building as an extension of our mission.
Three styles of chairs are featured:
- The majority of the chairs will have a padded seat and no arms. These chairs can be connected to create the feeling of more traditional pews through an easy to use locking mechanism.
- Armed chairs with padding on the seat and back will be available for those who need a little extra support.
- The choir will have chairs that fold to provide more exibility for various arrangements.
Lutheran Church of Honolulu is asking for your support in paying for the 200 chairs that will replace the mahoghany pews currently in the sanctuary. The fundraising for the pew chairs will be done throughout 2018 and into 2019. The goal is to raise $60,000 to pay for the chairs and the shipping.
We humbly ask for your support in this important project. Your help ensures a future in which we can continue to provide a place for worship and a space to serve the community through our music programs and public outreach.
If you would like to help, you can make a secure donation or pledge by credit or debit card on this site or send a check payable to the Lutheran Church of Honolulu, with “PEW CHAIRS” noted on the check LCH at 1730 Punahou Street, Honolulu, HI 96822. Donations of any amount are welcome, but as a guide, the cost of each chair is about $300.
Silent Auction and Potluck—April 28
We are soliciting the amazing talent at LCH to make donations to the silent auction. Just think of the amazing items we saw on Faith and Arts Sunday. We encourage you to be creative in your gifts. Silent Auction/In-Kind Donation forms are available to allow you to make your donation. Here are a few early donations:
- A dinner for four at Chez Stark prepared by Sophia Stark, who was recently named one of the 40 top contestants on MasterChef Junior Season 6.
- A half pew beautifully crafted by Pastor Jeff.
- Amazing framed photographs by Aaron Gould.
Single chair image copyright Sauder Worship Seating. Used by permission.