This page lists changes and additions to the LCH website between 2006 and 2008.
Most recent changes and additions
Changes and additions during 2009 and 2010
Comments and suggestions are welcome at email@example.com.
Changes and Additions to the LCH Website between 2006 and 2008
December 29, 2008
December 17, 2008
November 1, 2008
October 27, 2008
October 11, 2008
September 28, 2008
September 13, 2008
August 31, 2008
August 17, 2008
July 26, 2008
July 18, 2008
June 29, 2008
- Picture and short article about the Adult Forum’s meeting on rail transit added to the Congregational Life page.
- Pictures and short articles about the Pride Parade and Wine Tasting added to the Congregational Life page.
- Uploaded new CSS stylesheet. Among the changes, the text font is set for Georgia, Times (Times New Roman), or some other serif font; the headline font is set to Verdana, Arial, or some other sans serif font; and top and bottom margins are specified for various levels of headlines.
- Began process of updating the website to improve accessibility. Since each page must be looked at individually, this process will take some time.
- Began process of adding the following to each page: a link to the Contact page, a Google search box (with results displayed on a custom Google search results page), and a link to the Accessibility Statement (being developed). This process will continue along with the accessibility improvements.
June 15, 2008
May 28, 2008
- Glosses added to “churchy” words on the Visitor Information page. Words with definitions/explanations are show in green, like “glosses” in the previous sentence. When you move your cursor over the word, the shape of the cursor changes and the definition or explanation appears in a box near the word. This feature will be gradually added to other pages over the next several weeks.
- Home and Worship pages updated to reflect the beginning of the Summer worship schedule on June 1.
- Picture and short article about Sunday School Fun Day added to the Congregational Life page. The article includes a link to the Sunday School Fun Day 2008 Slideshow.
- Announcement of Josh Graber’s graduation and ordination added to the Congregational Life page.
May 18, 2008
May 6, 2008
April 20, 2008
April 6, 2008
March 23, 2008
- Picture and short article on Easter Sunday fun and fellowship added to the Congregational Life page.
- Pictures from Easter Sunday added to the cue of images for the Home Page. (To see the different images on the Home Page, press <Refresh> and wait for the page to reload.)
- Picture and short article about serving dinner at IHS on Good Friday added to the Congregational Life page.
- Added pictures from Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, and Easter Sunday to the Holy Week & Easter Slideshow, with links from the Congregational Life stories on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
March 16, 2008
February 27, 2008
February 18, 2008
- Picture and description of new pew cushion added to Pew Cushions page.
- Archives of old issues of the HeartBeat; lists of readings, hymns, and special music; and Congregational Life pages reorganized by years and 2004–06 Capital Campaign pages moved to their own folder to facilitate future access of these pages.
February 12, 2008
February 3, 2008
January 21, 2008
January 6, 2008
December 30, 2007
December 22, 2007
December 14, 2007
- Added new page of pictures from Christmas 2007, with a link from the Congregational Life page.
- Home page reformatted so that the picture changes with each visit. Pictures are selected randomly from a set list. By clicking on the image, the visitor can go to a “slide show” of images, including all the home page images.
December 3, 2007
November 18, 2007
November 12, 2007
November 6, 2007
October 29, 2007
- Overall revision of the website with smaller top logo and navigation links to increase content area for smaller monitors.
- Fade-in/fade-out marquee added to the Home page to highlight important upcoming events.
- New page for Stewardship 2007—“Giving from the Heart” added, with a link from the Congregational Life page.
- Picture and short article on the Abendmusiken Concert added to the Congregational Life page.
October 21, 2007
September 25, 2007
September 18, 2007
August 19, 2007
August 12, 2007
- Home Page updated with fall worship schedule.
- Picture and brief story about “Summer Sundays” introduction to the blues added to the Congregational Life page.
- LCH Table Talk, our online discussion forum, added to the website. Everyone is welcome to register and join in the discussion. We already have forums for several areas of ministry and a sermon discussion forum, and Pastor Jeff will provide a regular devotional. Anyone with a suggestion for additional forums (including public and/or private forums for groups and committees) should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org. Those under 18 who wish to register must have permission of a parent or guardian, and there will be private forums (with access limited to children/youth and their leaders) for elementary school children and youth in junior and senior high. (LCH Table Talk was deleted in January 2011 because of lack of interest.)
- Picture and brief story about “Summer Sundays” wet-on-wet watercolor painting added to the Congregational Life page.
- Picture and brief story about “Voices and Viols” concert added to the Congregational Life page.
July 29, 2007
June 24, 2007
June 17, 2007
June 6, 2007
May 26, 2007
May 14, 2007
April 21, 2007
April 9, 2007
April 1, 2007
March 6, 2007
February 25, 2007
February 19, 2007
February 11, 2007
January 28, 2007
- Updated the Children and Youth page with the Youth and Family Ministry Schedule for Spring 2007.
- Because we had been observing most of these precautions already, the number of changes was fairly small, but you will notice that PDFs of The Heart Beat have been removed until they can be brought into conformity with the policy. We believe the entire site now conforms to the policy, but if you find something that we missed, please contact the webmaster.
January 15, 2007
January 1, 2007
December 19, 2006
- Added a picture and short story about the Fellowship Committee’s dinner and trolley ride to the Congregational Life page.
- Capital Campaign page updated with report from Chair Don Person (given at the first part of the Annual Meeting on December 17) and figures for moneys received and spent.
- Added picture and short story about our Jesse Tree Liturgy to the Congregational Life page, with a link to pictures and additional information about the Jesse Tree Liturgy in the Children’s section.
- Added pictures and descriptions of the Advent Procession banners to the the Paraments page in the Worship section.
November 12, 2006
October 31, 2006
- New page describing our Lutherfest/Halloween Celebration on Sunday, October 29, added to the Congregational Life section, with link from the Congregational Life page.
- New Committees and Groups page added to the Congregational Life section, with link from the Congregational Life page.
- New meeting day posted for Young Adult Bible Study. Beginning Monday, October 30, 2006, they will meet on Monday evenings at 7:30 PM.
- Picture and short article about the O.Y.E.A. Youth Hike to Pu‘u Pia added to the Congregational Life page.
- Letter from Pastor Steve Jensen about effects of the recent earthquake on the ELCA congregation in Kona (with picture) added to the Congregational Life page.
- Letter (with pictures) to Hukilau from Pastor Ruth Peterson, Hukilau Dean, about her visit to Kona posted in the Congregational Life section, with a link from Pastor Jensen’s letter.
- Brief story and pictures about LCH worship in the dark on Sunday, October 15, because of the Kona earthquake added to the Congregational Life page.
October 9, 2006
September 30, 2006
September 18, 2006
August 29, 2006
August 9, 2006
July 25, 2006
July 9, 2006
June 18, 2006
- Picture and description of red Pentecost paraments added to the Paraments page.
- Picture and short article about June’s IHS Meal added to the Congregational Life page.
- Links to explanations of liturgical colors, vestments, and paraments on the ELCA web site added to the Paraments page
- Link to The Lutheran article about Children’s Benefit Concert moved to the Congregational Life page.
June 5, 2006
May 19, 2006
May 12, 2006
- Picture and description of Maundy Thursday paraments added to the Paraments page.
May 8, 2006
April 16, 2006
- Link to picture of the Nave decorated for Easter added to the Paraments page.
- New pictures added to the Congregational Life section: Sweet Feast after Easter Vigil and Easter Egg Hunt Easter morning; Seder Meal and Confirmation on Palm Sunday.
- Picture and biography for Coleen Howard, new church administrator, added to the Meet the Staff of LCH page. (Later replaced with individual pages.)
- Link on the Home page to a search page. You can use this page to do a Google search of the LCH web site (default) or the whole World Wide Web.
April 3, 2006
- New pictures added to the Congregational Life section: cooking for IHS and Wednesday evening soup and salad supper.
- Page added describing Special Worship Services for Holy Week and Easter
March 27, 2006
- New Congregational Life section added
- Replaced fax number with email address on the web page “masthead”
- New calendar of activities added, with links from the “Congregational Life” and “Home” pages
- Order of items changed in top navigation bar
- A Brief History of LCH moved to “Congregational Life” section
- With the transfer of the preschool to Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and School, Preschool page eliminated, but the page for Our Redeemer Preschool still hosted on our web site, with a link from the Home page
- Icon (see the bottom right of this page) added to pages that have been validated by the W3C Markup Validation Service, a free service that checks Web documents in formats like HTML and XHTML for conformance to the recommendations and other standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). This organization develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential. Find out more about the W3C at www.w3.org
Top of Page
Copyright © 2009 Lutheran Church of Honolulu
1730 Punahou Street, Honolulu, HI 96822 • 808-941-2566
Comments welcome at email@example.com